Congratulations to the following East Bay elected officials who East Bay Animal PAC endorsed in their races. We can’t wait to work with you to advance pro-animal welfare measures in the East Bay. And a very special thank you to our supporters for contributing and participating in the endorsement process. With your help, we can make a more animal-friendly East Bay!
- Libby Schaaf — Oakland Mayor
- Shanthi Gonzales — Oakland School Board, District 6
- Kate Harrison — Berkeley City Council, District 4
- Rigel Robinson —Berkeley City Council, District 7
- Lori Droste —Berkeley City Council, District 8
- John Knox White — Alameda City Council
The East Bay Animal PAC is also pleased with the passage of Prop 12. Prop 12 will require cage-free housing and improve space requirements in California for veal calves, mother pigs, and egg laying hens who are typically confined in tiny cages on factory farms. It will also ensure that veal, pork, and eggs sold in the state come from operations meeting these modest standards.